Description | The terms Mother House and General House refer to the building which houses the central General Administration. The term Mother House was used in the earlier periods of the Institute. The first Mother House of the Institute was Notre Dame de l'Hermitage, later transferring to Saint-Genis-Laval on the 6th of August 1858. Due to the secularisation laws in France, the General House was later moved to Grugliasco, Italy, on the 3rd of July 1903. However, following the outbreak of War in Italy in June 1940, the General Administration once again returned to Saint-Genis-Laval. Finally in May 1961, the General Administration was transferred to Rome. Contains: Programme from centenary celebrations 1917; Welcome brochure; Photograph of General House community; Leaflet on Arquebuse drink produced at St Genis-Laval; Notes on community, plan of House and timetable; Notes, possibly relating to a Retreat at General House 1959 |