|Admin_History||Fr Francis George Keating SJ was born in Liverpool on 28 December 1899, and was educated at St Francis Xavier's College. |
He joined the novitiate at Roehampton on 7 September 1916. He served in the army during the last six months of the First World War before returning to Roehampton, where he took his First Vows in September 1919. After a year's juniorate he went to St Mary's Hall for philosophy.
After philosophy Fr Keating taught for three years at Mount St Mary's and two years at Wimbledon, and then went to Heythrop College (Oxon.) for theology. He was ordained priest on 9 September 1932. He did his tertianship at St Beuno's and taught for another year at the Mount, taking his last vows on 2 February 1934. In the same year he sailed for South Africa and served for three years on the Salisbury Mission.
In 1937 Fr Keating joined the parish staff of St Aloysius', Glasgow, where he stayed until 1940, before serving as R.A.F. chaplain (1940-46).
From 1953-56 Fr Keating served on the parish at Stamford Hill. For his first year there he was Minister. From 1956-58 he was attached to St Wilfrid's, Preston, helping the R.A.F. chaplain at Kirkham. After a year's supply at Spinkhill and a year in the retreat house at Sunderland, he joined the Bristol parish in 1960 and became responsible for the R.A.F. station at Colerne.
From 1964-67 Fr Keating was chaplain at 'Assisi', Grayshott - a Maternity Home for unmarried mothers run by the Franciscan Missionaries of the Divine Motherhood. He suffered from a heart-attack in March 1966 and was moved to Holy Cross Hospital, Haslemere, before returning to 'Assisi' in June.
From 1967-68 Fr Keating was chaplain to St Edward's, first at Market Drayton, Shropshire, and then at Woolton, Liverpool.
In December 1968 he replaced Fr Tomlinson at Dogmersfield College, Basingstoke, but relinquished his duties in October  due to his failing health. Fr Keating then moved to Westbourne, where his health continued to deteriorate. He stayed here until 4 January 1972, when he had a slight stroke and was later moved to a Nursing Home in Westbourne. His condition gradually deteriorated and after a further stroke he died peacefully on 7 February 1972. His Requiem Mass took place on 10 February, and was concelebrated by Fr Vice-Provincial Fr Blake and Fr Cammack. His burial took place in the Boscombe Cemetery.