|Admin_History||Edmund Conyers D'Arcy was born on 15 November 1885 in London to a barrister, Martin Valentine D'Arcy and Madoline Mary Keegan. He attended Stonyhurst College before entering the noviciate at Roehampton on 7 September 1904. From there he went to St Mary's Hall for philosophy in 1906 and then he spent four years at Oxford, where he did his MA in 1916. He gained a First in Mods and in Greats. He won the Charles Oldham Prize and the Green Philosophy Prize.|
After Oxford he spent a year teaching Latin and Greek at the seminary and then he taught at Liverpool for two years.
He was ordained at Bueno's on 29 February 1920. He did his tertianship at Tullamore in 1922 and was then appointed to teach Latin and Greek to Novices and Juniors at Roehampton. He took his final vows on 2 February 1924.
In 1926 he moved to Wimbledon where he was Prefect of Studies and in early 1930s he was appointed visiting prefect of Studies at Osterley.
Having become unwell with stone trouble in 1928, he was operated on in 1933. In 1936 he returned to Roehampton and the teaching of Latin and Greek. From 1945 until 1951 he was Prefect of the Juniors. In 1960, he went to New Hall as chaplain but returned to Manresa after 3 months. He went with the community to Harlaxton in 1962. In 1961, he undertook the censorship of the Month. He retired to Heythrop in 1965.
On 16 February 1967 he was anointed in Horton General Hospital, Banbury where he died on 19 February 1967. On February 23 1967 the Vice-Provincial concelebrated the Requiem Mass at Heythrop.